Back to catalogue

Share this wine

2014 DOMAINE DELAPORTE Sancerre Rouge

DOMAINE DELAPORTE Sancerre Rouge 2014

34.52* CAD

$34.52* * Suggested retail price

*We will notify you as soon as this wine comes back.

  • Portfolio
  • Portfolio
  • Liquid Art
  • Product code
  • Product code
  • 748792
  • Format
  • Format
  • 12x750ml
  • Listing type
  • Listing type
  • OpenRead more
  • Status
  • Status
  • UnavailableRead more
  • Country
  • Country
  • France
  • Regulated designation
  • Regulated designation
  • Appellation origine controlée (AOC)
  • Region
  • Region
  • Loire Valley
  • Varietal(s)
  • Varietal(s)
  • Pinot Noir
  • Color
  • Color
  • Red
  • About this winery

    Located in heart of the Sancerre region is Domaine Vincent Delaporte and Sons, a family business which has been passed from father to son since the 17th century. The winery is located in the charming village of Chavignol, recognized as, perhaps, the prettiest village in the region and for its famous goat cheese. Today the domaine is run by Jean-Yves Delaporte (Vincent’s son) and his wife and son, Nathalie and Matthieu. Matthieu has recently taken over the viticulture and winemaking. The...

    See the DOMAINE DELAPORTE detail page for more information on this brand

  • Tasting notes

    The deep red wines are a beautiful purple ruby colour and they develop very ripe red fruit flavours (cherry, blackberry and raspberry). When tasting the wine, the aroma is intense and flowing . The scent of red cooked fruits and torrefaction (significant roasted qualities) dominate. One detects also a point of graphite and a nuance of cinnamon. Very round and very flexible at the beginning, it affirms itself with persistence then tight tannins and sharp edges. Very beautiful retro-smell with flavours of smoke and prune. This wine is ready to drink but could also be laid down for some years.

  • Winemaking notes

    Delaporte's Sancerre Rouge is produced from Pinot Noir vines which range in age from 21 to 40 years. 70% of these vines are planted in clay and flint soil. The remaining 30% of the vines are planted in limestone soil. The result is a deep wine with beautiful red fruit flavours, spice and graphite notes. Although Sancerre is best known for aromatic whites, this is a remarkable Pinot Noir.